Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oh, Hello - An Introduction to the Campus Community

Oh, hello.

As the newest member of the Center for Online & Digital Learning, I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to everyone.

I've been working in education (formally) as a substitute teacher in the Longmeadow Public Schools and (informally) with Apple, Inc. since 2007. With Apple, I lead the training and technical support for retail stores in Holyoke, MA and Farmington, CT. A few years ago, I began working towards my Master's degree in Learning, Media and Technology at the University of Massachusetts. I also hold degrees from Springfield Technical Community College and Elms College.

My passion for education is one that has only grown in recent years, and I really enjoy enriching lives through the constantly advancing tools we have at our disposal.

Outside of work, I've been playing drums for twenty years and show no signs of slowing down as I'm regularly playing with one or two bands at a time. My current group, Crowrider, plays our own blend of self-branded BBQ Rock. It's an infusion of fuzzy, 70s-orientated riff rock with some sweet grooves and three-part harmonies and is without a doubt the most fun I've ever had behind the kit. My girlfriend and I live in Springfield with our three cats and an increasing need for more space. Media and food wise, I'm a big fan of Battlestar Galactica, Batman video games, and burritos.

I am very excited to start putting a lot of what I've learned (and am still learning) into practice here at Bay Path and helping to enrich lives every step of the way. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me for anything you need!

Working with the ALLI students during my first week (thanks to Peter for the photo)


Chris Gaudreau
Learning Technologist
Center for Online & Digital Learning
Division of Research & Academic Resources
(413) 565-1057 | cgaudreau@baypath.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment